Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Graduation-School's Out!

Woo hoo! School is over! It was silly because we had a 1/2 day Friday and then another 1/2 day Monday :P It didn't really make a lot of sense, but whatever! On Monday in my homeroom class we got to watch WALL-E. It was really good!

Since I go to boarding school, I stay at school all year. Some people go home for the summer, but not me. It really isn't bad staying, a lot of people do. There's lots of activities, sports programs, etc. to do. You never get bored! I'm so excited, but a bit sad too. Ivy's leaving for San Francisco next week. The good news is she isn't staying all summer, just a week or two.


Last night we had our graduation ceremony! Everyone had to dress up really fancy. I wore the Midnight Holly Dress. Ivy let me borrow her gold earrings too. Ivy wore the Silver Belle Dress. I think we both looked very pretty. :)

I'm happy to report that I got 7 awards! I'm so proud of myself! I got the Mondale English Language Arts Award, or the MELAA, a certificate from the Mondale History League (a big test about anything and everything history/social studies and the top scores get a certificate), a trophy for being in the top 5 percentages in math, a pin for 3rd place in the science fair, and a medal and certificate for having a 3.8-4.0 grade average all year. I also got a certificate from band and a trophy from fencing. Ivy got a few things too, like a certificate for perfect attendance, an "excellence in the sciences" certificate, and a gymnastics trophy.
I'm glad that summer is here! I'll have more time to post on the blog now. Talk to "y'all" later! (Hehe Rose and Starr! :P)
~Avery~




4 comments:

  1. You and Ivy look fantastic!
    Congrats on the awards!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Avery! You're so cute in your Midnight Holly Dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!
    Great job Avery!
    Ur really smart ;D Sounds like you had a good graduation! Did Ivy win any awards??
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 7 awards? Congrats! You look really pretty and proud up on the stage. I'm sure you're relieved to have some time off school. Have a good trip to San Fransisco.

    ~Lisbeth

    P.S. I love wall-e!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for reading my blog! If you want to leave a comment, go ahead, I'd really appreciate hearing from you! :) But here are some simple rules:

1) Be respectful and appropriate. No swear words, be nice, etc. I shouldn't really have to tell anyone this...

2) Please try to refrain from "chat speak" and don't post spam or jibberish!

3) You are allowed to advertise your own blog, but try keep it minimal, and try to comment something relevant as well.

4) When commenting, please try to sign your name or log in. I like to know who I'm hearing from!