Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Swimming

Today it was horribly hot, sunny, and humid. I was so miserable! The dorms aren't air conditioned, just the main buildings. We had a few fans going, but it was so stuffy inside, and I just couldn't handle it! I decided to go swimming. I went to the pond to swim. The water is a bit dirty, but it's okay. Not much more gross than swimming with the fish and sand at the beach! It felt great to go in the water! It was cold, but not too cold because we've gotten a lot of rain lately. I asked Nellie to come with me, but she didn't have a bathing suit, and it "wasn't proper" to go swimming in shorts and a t-shirt. I wish Ivy was here, she would have came with me, but she's visiting her family in San Francisco this week. So I went alone, but it wasn't bad. I swam for about an hour, and then sat out in the sun. Just relaxing on a nice summer day was wonderful!

Now that I think about it, maybe Nellie doesn't want to be friends with me, and was just making up excuses so she wouldn't have to go. I tried to talk to her after I got back from swimming, and she kept avoiding me. It's a hard thing to think about, but maybe she just used me because no one else would time travel with her *if you have no idea idea what I'm talking about, read my last post titled "Time Traveling"* I hope that's not the case, I'm probably just over reacting.


How is everyone spending their summer? I've just been relaxing, and not really doing a whole lot. Doing nothing felt good at first, but now it's getting a little bit boring, and lonely. I still have my room mates, but I'm not really close with any of them. Ivy's on vacation, and Nellie isn't talking to me. Now that I think about it, I really don't have many friends! :'( Hmph!

By the way, you know how I said it was very hot, sunny, humid, and pretty nice day (even though it was really hot, well for us in MI, 80 degrees is hot!) Well, then it started pouring rain, thundering, and lightning*! I hate freak weather!
~Avery~


3 comments:

  1. I'm still your friend Avery! Maybe Samantha heard about you and Nellie and was upset. Maybe that's why Nellie's ignoring you! BTW thanks for posting! I was REALLY bored! :D Here in MT 80 is HOT HOT HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all your friends, Avery! Hope everything will turn out okay, though. You look super-cute in your bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, if 80 is hot for you, don't ever come here! During the summer, it's usually over 100 every day. >.<

    I hope Nellie wasn't using you. I bet she had a good reason for acting that way. Maybe you guys will get to become friends after all. I mean, it must be weird for her... living in modern times.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for reading my blog! If you want to leave a comment, go ahead, I'd really appreciate hearing from you! :) But here are some simple rules:

1) Be respectful and appropriate. No swear words, be nice, etc. I shouldn't really have to tell anyone this...

2) Please try to refrain from "chat speak" and don't post spam or jibberish!

3) You are allowed to advertise your own blog, but try keep it minimal, and try to comment something relevant as well.

4) When commenting, please try to sign your name or log in. I like to know who I'm hearing from!