Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today I found a daffodil, just my size! On a plant there were about 5 blossoms, and one of them was mini! How cool is that? It fits right in my palm. It isn't fake, it's a real flower. I've never seen one like that. It wasn't some special plant either, it was just a regular one. My owner took a picture of it, because it will wilt soon :'-(. She edited the photo so it is kind of blurred, and put a quote on it, it says, "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." It is by Lao Tzu, whoever that is... Sorry the picture is so small. She had to crop the original picture, and now we can't resize it to be any bigger with out it getting really blurry!

Today was also the "March For Babies"*It is where you raise pledges, then walk 5 miles all around town, and the money goes towards helping premature babies. I raised $30. It was so much fun! There were A LOT of people. At the finish line there was cotton candy, pizza, and a DJ. Ivy actually jogged the whole 5 miles (well almost). She ran a mile, walked 1/2 a mile, ran a mile, .... you get it right? I couldn't do that :P


I didn't inlcude a post title because everything in this post was kind of off topic and random, and not related to one another :P




I don't have much time on the computer, sorry!

~Avery~

*'The owner' here-Technically, Avery did not participate. It was me that did the walk, raised the pledges, Avery didn't really even go... and neither did Ivy. Not sure why you would want to know this, but I thought I'd include it anyways.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that little flower is so pretty! I like your photo and quote.

    I think that Lao Tzu is a Chinese poet. Sitara studied one of his poems in middle school, if I'm thinking of the right person.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for reading my blog! If you want to leave a comment, go ahead, I'd really appreciate hearing from you! :) But here are some simple rules:

1) Be respectful and appropriate. No swear words, be nice, etc. I shouldn't really have to tell anyone this...

2) Please try to refrain from "chat speak" and don't post spam or jibberish!

3) You are allowed to advertise your own blog, but try keep it minimal, and try to comment something relevant as well.

4) When commenting, please try to sign your name or log in. I like to know who I'm hearing from!