Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The 1950's!

Today I threw together a 1950's outfit. Everything is handmade, but I think it turned out really cute. The skirt is just a really simple piece I've had forever. I found a poodle applique picture online and traced it (by putting the paper on the computer screen and lightly writing over the lines). Then, I cut it out and used scrap booking "zots" (little clear sticky dots) to attach it to the skirt. The tank top and cover up are hand made, and the scarf is just a scrap of black fabric.
Also, Elizabeth came today! She was back ordered, but is here now. She's very pretty, and I love her dress and earrings.
Brooke likes a lot of couture, and we need more fall wardrobe pieces. But right now she's trying to get JLY #14, #5, and #21. She has a plan, and she'll most likely be able to get them all, but they will be gifts to herself for a few holidays.
~Avery~

6 comments:

  1. You look adorable, Avery! :-)
    Congrats on Elizabeth!
    I hope Brooke is able to get all the retiring JLYs she wants.

    Cali***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love your outfit, it is very pretty.
    Congrats on getting Elizabeth! I hope you can get the dolls that you want before they retire.
    Well, Bye!

    ~Ruthie
    (ruthies-view.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that the outfit was handmade until you said so. The dress is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable Avery! :) I really love that top your wearing and the skirt, of course! ;)
    ~Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look really awesome in that outfit! I like that color on you.

    XOXO
    Haley

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for reading my blog! If you want to leave a comment, go ahead, I'd really appreciate hearing from you! :) But here are some simple rules:

1) Be respectful and appropriate. No swear words, be nice, etc. I shouldn't really have to tell anyone this...

2) Please try to refrain from "chat speak" and don't post spam or jibberish!

3) You are allowed to advertise your own blog, but try keep it minimal, and try to comment something relevant as well.

4) When commenting, please try to sign your name or log in. I like to know who I'm hearing from!